Editor’ s note: The story you are about to read is true… the address has been eliminated to protect those having their coffee on the back porch in the morning. We are still somewhere in central Pinellas County Florida. The neighbors are awaiting the trucks to deliver supplies to start the big stuff.
It has happened. I have started taking out my dining room after my oven blew up right before Thanksgiving. Sorry folks, there are no pictures of that one. You wouldn’t believe it anyway.
Those biscuits I made three weekends ago made that 1980s state of the art oven bite the dust . The heating unit inside started sparking and there was a fire that moldered out.
IT IS HISTORY FOLKS. WE ARE COOKING ON MY OLD GAS RUSTY BBQ OUT BACK. It is now where I make my morning coffee at 6 am while I watch the Beagle do his biz and chase bunnies under a fence.
But my biscuits got done anyhow. That was a miracle. So the stove top also bit the dust on another occasion. Uh, I was so mad at the whole %^&* thing so I crashed my mother’s Rivereware on top of the burners and crashed it.
Why not? IT IS HISTORY. Uh, Mom your Rivereware survived but the stove top did not. It was my SINGLE EXCUSE FOR HUBS TO TAKE ME TO DINNER AND FOR NOT TO SHOW UP AT THE FAM’S FOR THANKSGIVING.
Those pots are still in one piece. I am getting a new kitchen after we take care of biz for the Master bed and bath.
I have to brace myself. And when it is done and you or anyone else is sitting there I am going to tell how it GOT … HOW IT GOT THERE.
Then I am going to watch you flinch and get uncomfortable. That’s the test of maturity of how you would deal with it.
THIS IT IS NOT GIONG TO LAST FOR LONG
I MADE JEWISH PANCAKES LAST NIGHT FOR HANUKAH. AND I LIT AN ADVENT WREATH. It is a tradition in my fam on Dad’s side.
I remembered that side of the family. Hey, why not? Both sides had two sets of lights.
Think about it.