The Florida Litany of Thanks
- Thank you God I live here and that I can get Florida resident theme tickets for under 200 for four days.
- Thank you God we had her own line we go to these parks that are just for Florida residents.
- Thank you God the snowbirds are going away in about two weeks and we get the state to ourselves.
- Thank you God that the guy cut me off with the out-of-state license plate is not going to live here forever!
- Thank you God I live very near a beach or spring that’s cold in the summer when it’s hot!
- Thank you God I couldn’t throw the heat so I don’t have to endure the snow.
- Thank you God I can go get my own seafood in the Gulf of Mexico .
- Thank you God for sunrises and sunsets that are beautiful.
- Thank you that this offsets the nut jobs from out of state that visit here.
- Thank you God I know all the good resort places that are good. Thank you got I can keep a secret and will never tell anyone because it means getting thrown to the Gulf of Mexico by some other Floridian
- Thank you got that out of state DUIs stay here to pick up trash on the road before they go home. * yes this happens.
- Thank you God that we are strong enough not to be in a box.
- Thank you God for all future things as I think of them.
- Thank you God for our humor and human view of paradise still not perfect.
- Thank you to everyone that visits who is it does not say
April 7, 2016 at 1:52 pmYour comment is awaiting moderation.
You wrote :” But I don’t think I internalized it all, adequately, in light of the sacramental vocation of marriage. Because I also had plenty of worldly input that led me to expect something along the lines of romantic self actualization and total fulfillment of wildest dreams and security and blissful candlelit dinners and relaxing beach vacations. (Don’t ask where exactly I picked all those ideas up, just know that they exist.)”.
I live in Florida where beaches are 10 minutes from my front door and still have crosses. Truth is this : we give thanks for that and try to have work life balance and know that’s our trade off. We have a “Florida litany of living here thanks that offsets all of it.” Gonna be a foster MA after renovation of our house . See the blog for what the The Florida Litany of living here is.