I made my 2018 New Year’s resolutions. Here they are. Maybe a few of them are kind of funny. I don’t know but let’s take it in the light of living here first, and then we will judge from there.
(Some background information. Around the turn-of-the-century. Emerged a group of ultra fundamentalist Catholic retreat giving bloggers that try to influence the bush election and other conservative elections. They are very outgoing the outspoken about ultra conservative things that have nothing to do with faith . The result was their election of Donald Trump.They think they’re God. Do the drama people in the church the cause problems. They follow people like Cardinal Burke etc. in short, I despise them! They make me want to look at the sunshine directly with my eyes and do penance because after I look at the sun I won’t have any eyesight. That’s so Florida for me. They make me want to go and eat and do Florida things that they can’t eat. Well, you get what I’m trying to say here. If you show them a glass they will always say is half full or empty and make you doubt about your faith. It’s not positive folks. It will always be negative and they will always try to get your money and you get the idea.
Further note, I really don’t pay attention to them anymore. Many of them have given up. They are the YouTube drama alerts of the Roman Catholic Church. Good!They are a group of catholic bloggers that have a long list nobody knows about except for when you want to have good laugh you go there. There’s hardly any of them that live in Florida and I can’t relate. They think snow is a sacrament. Sorry it’s not. Being cold doesn’t make you holier.They are always nervous online or they appear to be. Everybody has to know that they have 9 to 10 or whatever kids take they’ve pumped out.It’s public knowledge that anybody who knows me on a real basis, or better yet, they knows I seriously question their motives and why they do what they do. I kind a laugh at them. That’s how I this. knows I make fun of them still. They are too scrupulous for my cuppa tea. Many of the ladies are in and do the so-called Super Catholic retreat circuit that only goes to middle America in small small towns in Illinois. These are the little old ladies that didn’t move to Florida, I could only imagine what they’re really like in their own element. They are worse than with our residents who come here only when it’s cold. Regarding the bloggers, I’m sure they’re very nice in person but when you try to suck up and show that “I am so much better than you,” it’s a turn off. It is not good evangelization. When I read them I need happy hour. I need a lot of happy hour when I read them. I need a Florida on the beach happy hour to not think about them anymore. I need a happy hour with fried grouper and fried alligator hello serious amount of margaritas and an Uber driver on call. Tell them I have a bishop coz and that should shut them up!)
- Nowafter all this background information here , I have revolved to either put them in the Gulf of Mexico head first when they are local and visit here, or stay way from them!
- Exception to the rule: Johnette at BENKOVIC is an exception to the rule – almost. She lives in Florida but acts like she lives in Illinois. She’s always running there southern Illinois another retreat. She totally lost me when she verbally dissed the Girl Scouts about five or six or seven years ago. That was a mistake. My prediction is she’ll be done with her so called ministry in about a year and a half watch you heard it here first. My prediction is going to retire at all that money she collected from Southern Illinois.
- . Seriously now:I’m to join the group “Couch to 5K” in my city. I’m going to start running. God knows what is going to happen after I start running. I will be a sore person. I’m going to lose about 45 pounds finally.
- Since I got my old job back in the public schools from several years ago this last month, I am going to finally add a few Florida certification areas. Watch and stay tuned. But I’m going to have to study to pass one that one exam. It’s not exactly easy and it concerns a lot of math.
- I am just less than 100 pages or 50 pages short of finishing my first book. There I said it. I am just less than 100 pages or 50 pages short of finishing my first book. There I said it!
- After that first book, I’m going to pick up the one I shelved about 10 years ago. It’s about marriage. It’s a love story. I’m very scrupulous about how I finish things up very careful about certain things so that’s why it’s taking me so long. It probably shouldn’t take me this long to do that but since I’ve only been married now 19 years contrast that to when I was only married three years I’ve got some experience to finish this now. (I am very tempted to go on and on about the scrupulous bloggers and how they will see that one) no way do I want a Christian publisher to pick that one up. Less money and so forth. Why are a lot of them on food stamps?
- After the tough exam for my Florida certification, I’m going to take the GRE again. Objective: get in an English PhD program add a major local state university.
- Renovate something that’s near where I live. More about that later also everyone if it does happen but at least I mention something of the sort here. No I’m not going to be clear about this one but I mentioned that sort of mentioned it so we here go.
- Finally got a car this year that works , sort of. Let’s just call 2017 is the year I personally jumped over a lot of garbage. Trust me, we are going to get a red SUV and if I’m wrong you can dump me in the Gulf of Mexico.
- I am going to bike to the beach and film it on a GoPro. Tell those bloggers for them to try it! But I’m gonna have to do it before Easter and before it gets hot again. But then again, I’m not even do it on the first hot hot hot 90° day just to prove that I’m made of substance!
- I thought about getting certified to scuba dive? Maybe that would be fun.
- In short I need to spur expand my horizons a little bit more beyond just making fun of those bloggers. I need to expand my horizons beyond what I think I can do. I want to learn more I want it I want to learn to were three more languages maybe just one with you quite nicely. Italian or French? That would be good. If I went to the Vatican, I speak fluent Spanish. I could speak to Pope Francis in his own language fluently.
- Chalk up 2017 as the year I jumped over all the garbage and got brave and daring and dealt with things. My husband is laughing at that as I’m doing this.
I think the greatest feet this year personally as a couple is that our taxes finally got paid. It’s very involved and complicated but you should know about all the bottom feeder investment people that kept yelling frappe to us over and over and over again. My greatest feet this year is that I didn’t jump out and send Hannibal Lecter after them. Oh wait, he’s not real he’s in a book he’s a piece of fiction.
Any volunteers? Please don’t raise your hand means most if you would get a free vacation in Florida not want to live here. Got that?
I’m going to post in a separate posting all of those bloggers and you can judge for yourself. I’ll do it before tonight is over. I don’t think it’s necessary to be like then I think you need to be a regular person that the reachable other people. There’s too much fundamentalism running around all churches and stuff like that. That’s where we lose that’s where we lose our individualism and freedom everything, and will like a blog about that in another posting.
Understand? Im no longer going to say got that!